Friday 23 November 2007

Looking for a Linux job

Well, I'm a Linux fan and for about seven years I've been using this Operation System at home and professionally as well. The problem I have in UK is that I can't find any job in IT with Linux involved. I sent a lot of CVs to various employment agencies and... nothing. I uploaded my CV to various job sites, the same result. I'm starting to feel redundant. Although those agencies were looking for the Linux System Administrators, in spite of being experienced in this matter, I was skipped. I don't know, it could be because of my poor English, but I think in this job you don't need a perfect language skills. The most important is your knowledge, am I wrong? All right, at present I work as unskilled labourer and I'm improving my English skills. The strange thing is that I couldn't find a job as SysAdmin nor a simple Computer Technician. In Spain was easier find something in IT with poor Spanish. UK has not dealt kindly with me ;-)

No comments: