Friday 9 November 2007

It happened!

All right, I'm writing seven months after the first post and I can say I've done it! I live in United Kingdom. The place choosen for this stage of my life is Birmingham. Why Birmingham exactly? I had several reasons, one of them was the average cost of house lettings. While in London the price of letting of three bedroom house is about £1000, in Birmingham you can find something for about £550. Apart from that Birmingham is the second largest city in the country. Besides, I had good associations with this city like: Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Electric Light Orchestra, UB40 etc. :-) So, after spending hours with my family discuting about it, we decided that I have to go to Birmingham on my own, to find out more. After one month that I spent in UK in May, we decided to move at the end of June.

First two months we were becoming used to new country, exploring the city. The weather in July was rainy and we had to wait better conditions for our trips. Anyway we took advantage of every sunny day to get to know new city. In September our children started their schools and we began work. Because of our poor english we can't work in our professions and I work as driver, while Ula works as packer of watches. I hope I find a job in IT, because after nine years of experience in this field, I feel a little strange doing something else.

No comments: